Professor in Urology Department, YMCH, YU
I am currenty working as a Professor in the department Of Genitourinary Surgery & Renal Transplant &robotic surgery ,Yenepoya Medical College, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka, India From May-2009. I am a M.Ch. P.G. guide since 2014 and also Ph.D. guide since 2013.
I was awarded the "Best Doctor Award" from Indian Medical Educational Trust in 2006. I am also the Founder Chairman of "Prostate Care Foundation", Mangalore.
- MBBS WITH Internship - 1995 June - Calicut Medical College, Calicut University, Kerala, India
- MS General Surgery - 2000 November - Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala University, Kerala, India
- MRCS PAPER 1 & PAPER 2 Completed
- DIP.NB GENERAL SURGERY - 2001 June, Madras Medical College, Tamilnadu, India.
- DIP.NB UROLOGY - 2007 May, Calicut Medical College, Calicut University, Kerala, India
- Clinical Fellowship In Endourology - (Scholarship from European Board Of Urology, Coburg Germany Under Prof, Walter Stromhaier) 2009 Feb
- Fellowship in Robotic Surgery, World Laparoscopic Hospital, July 2015
- Da vinci robotic training from Seol, south korea 2016
- Mujeeburahiman M, Vipin C. Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy as a monotherapy for the management of intermediate-sized renal pelvic stones. Urology annals. 2018 Jul;10(3):254.
- Manzoor MAP, Singh B, Agrawal AK, Arun AB, Mujeeburahiman M, Rekha PD (2018) Morphological and micro-tomographic study on evolution of struvite in synthetic urine infected with bacteria and investigation of its pathological biomineralization. PLOS ONE 13(8): e0202306. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0202306
- Vipin C, Mujeeburahiman M, Arun AB, Ashwini P, Mangesh SV, Rekha PD. Adaptation and diversification in virulence factors among urinary catheter‐associated Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates. Journal of applied microbiology. 2018 Oct 29.
- Manzoor MAP, Mujeeburahiman M, Rekha PD. Electron probe micro-analysis reveals the complexity of mineral deposition mechanisms in urinary stones. Urolithiasis. 2018 :1-2. doi: 10.1007/s00240-018-1052-z.
- Manzoor MAP, Duwal SR, Mujeeburahiman M, Rekha PD. Vitamin C inhibits crystallization of struvite from artificial urine in the presence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. International braz j urol: official journal of the Brazilian Society of Urology. 2018 ;44. doi: 10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2017.0656.
- Manzoor MAP, Shabeena KS, Mujeeburahiman M, Khan A. In dwelling J Ureteral Stents Associated Asymptomatic Bacteraemia Caused by Multidrug Resistant Strain of Kocuria kristinae. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research. 2018;12(5):PD15-6.
- Shabeena KS, Bhargava R, Manzoor MAP, Mujeeburahiman M. Characteristics of bacterial colonization after indwelling double-J ureteral stents for different time duration. Urology Annals. 2018;10(1):71-75 doi: 10.4103/UA.UA_158_17.
- Mujeeburahiman M, Vipin C, Prema Saldanha. Classical Seminoma in Undescended Testes – Presentation at Extremes of Age. J Clin Biomed Sci 2016; 6(2): 66-68
- Manzoor MAP, Mujeeburahiman M, Rekha PD. Association of serum biochemical panel with mineralogical composition of kidney stone in India. Acta Medica International. 2017 Jul 1;4(2):26-30.
- Mujeeburahiman M. Calcium Urolithiasis in a Normocalciuric Child with Brittlebone Disease. Mullar Journal of Medical Sciences & Research, 2011;2(1):71-2.
- Mujeeburahiman M. Tale of a Missing Copper - T. International Journal Of Biomedical Research, 2012;3(10):409-11
- Mujeeburahiman M, Manasa T, Bharath SV. Bladder neck contracture following TURP-personal experience. International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology. 2013;9(2):191-193
- Mujeeburahiman M, Manasa T, Devdas A. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: An acurate diagnostic tool in the precise localization of penile fracture-a case report. Archives of Medicine and Health Sciences. 2013;1(1):54-6.
- Mujeeburahiman M , Vidya Bernhardt G, Janita D’Souza R T, Vipin C, Muhammed Manzoor. AP, Nischith D’souza. Mineral composition of urinary stones –Quantitative analysis by FTIR Spectroscopy. Indian Journal of research, 2014;3(11):130-132.
- Mujeeburahiman M, Manzoor Muhammed AP,Abdul Salam NA,Vipin C,. Evaluation of the outcome of single session extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for the treatment of renal stones- initial experience at a teriary care hospital. International journal of Biomedical research,2015;6(11): 887-889
- Nischith D’Souza, Mujeeburahiman M, Altaf Khan, Ashish Verm4, Vinayaka Ursemane Shivashekare, Recto-Vesical Fistula Following Radical Prostatectomy, Journal of Research in Radiodiagnosis, Teleradiology and Imaging,June 30th/ Vol. 2/ Issue 1/ Jan-June, 2016,page no 30-31
- Mujeeburahiman M, Vipin C, Sajida K, Shabeena KS, Fathimath Sadiya MK, Rekha PD Incidence of urinary tract infections in ureteroscopic lithotripsy patients: A single center study,Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences, 2016; 4(9D): 3408-3412
- Mujeeburahiman M, Verma A, Dsouza N, Altaf Khan et al. Small renal tumor with lymph nodal enlargement: A histopathological surprise. Urology annals 2016; 8 (3): 391-393.
- Mujeeburahiman M, Avinash Rai B,Muhammed manzoor A.P. A Study on pattern and outcome of various methods of management of bladder injuries: A retrospective study, Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences, 2016; 4(12B): 4321-4324
- Altaf Khan, Ashish Verma, Mujeeburahiman M, Nischith D’Souza, Rahul Bhargava. Retrograde intrarenal surgery vs mini percutaneous nephrolithotripsy for lower pole stones less than 2cm, International Journal of Biomedical Research 2016;7(11):795-798.
- Altaf Khan, Mujeeburahiman M, Ashish Verma, Rahul Bhargava. Tubeless per cutaneous nephrolithotomy:is it the present standard of care?, International Surgery Journal 2017 Jan;4(1):117-120
- Vipin C Mujeeburahiman M, Rekha PD. Prevalence of catheter associated urinary tract infection in intensive care unit patients after non-urological procedures- a single centre study,. International J of Scientific research. 6 (7) 2017.
- Yenepoya University Seed Grand funded project: Urinary stones in Dakshina kannada and north Kerala: An analysis of risk factors, metabolic evaluation and prevention
- Animal Research: Renal response to graded warm ischemia: (Waiting for ethical committee approval) Dr.Mujeeburahiman, Dr.Shyamjith(Pharmacology), Dr. Shanthala (Pathology), Mr. Vipin C (J.R.F), Dr. Avinash Rai(M.Ch P G)
- Detection of urinary Biomarkers in Kidney diseases including Cancer; Acute kidney injury – detection of early biomarkers – (Dr Mujeebu Rahiman, Dr Keshava Prasad and group)
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease- the sporadic cases cause is not known – genetic analysis (Dr Santhosh Pai, Dr. Mujeebu Rahiman, Dr Suparna Laha and group)
- Proteomic analysis for different Kidney Stone diseases (Dr Mujeebu Rahiman, Manzoor Dr. Keshava Prasad, and group)
- A study on the heterogeneity of hyaluronan oligomers towords receptor interaction; possible involvement in prostate tumor progression. Dr. Mujeeburahiman (Co. principal Investigator}, Principal investigator – Dr.Shrinivasa Prasad Kolapalli.
- Indwelling J Ureteral Stents Associated Asymptomatic Bacteraemia Caused by Multidrug Resistant Strain of Kocuria (Muhammed A.P. Manzoor , K.S Shabeena , M Mujeeburahiman , Altaf Khan)